A place to reflect, ramble, and rofl at adventures from my study abroad in Nihon...
Honestly, there could be shenanigans.

28.5.10

Why Did the Monkey Cross the Road?

 
(Feel free to answer that question however you like,
expressly for my amusement...)
On the way to the flea market at Touji on the 21st, I was waiting at the crosswalk just down the road from I-House, and this dude just saunters up and sits down right by me to wait too. Since I was wearing my fashionable aviators, not making eye contact wasn't so much of an issue, but I was still afraid he'd run off or do something if I moved suddenly.

...I pretended not to notice him, surreptitiously took my keitai out, and stole a few shots. So, he looks about as close as he was--I wasn't holding the phone too far from my body.
 




He waited until the traffic cleared,
then crossed like any other pedestrian






...and then hopped up on the fence.


When I looked down the road, I saw another few macaques using another crosswalk from the other side of the street. One of them was a mother carrying a baby on her back. I suppose it was raid time.

Raid time, by the way, always seems to occur on beautiful, warm, sunny days.

At least these guys know their traffic safety.
*sage nod*

No comments:

Post a Comment