A place to reflect, ramble, and rofl at adventures from my study abroad in Nihon...
Honestly, there could be shenanigans.

1.6.10

Must Give Us Pause

Whew.
I never thought I'd get caught up...been behind ever since I came back from Tokyo. However, the last entry concludes the posts for tra-la-it's-May. Now I can attempt to better keep up with posting as activities and sight-seeing occur.

As my class is taking a field trip to Nara this Saturday, we're not having our class as usual Wednesday afternoon, so tomorrow I'm looking forward to a free day. My horoscope tells me there could be some temples and shrines in my near future.

I'm also planning to do an in-depth comparison of the Takarazuka production of the Scarlet Pimpernel with the Western version (the revised one, that is--long story), mainly for my own interest. This'll probably come in bits and pieces though, as I'll have to work through translating the songs and such. I've been listening to the Original Cast Recording like a maniac, and I have a mad craving for watching the 1982 movie with Anthony Andrews, Ian McKellen, and Jane Seymour. Unfortunately it was not one of the DVDs I brought with me to Japan. I feel much QQ about this.

Who knows? Maybe I'll even get around to an attempt at reading the novel in Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment